Sunday, April 19, 2015

Tulips and Togetherness at Sherwood Gardens



Last year, I visited Guilford's Sherwood Gardens a week too early to capture the tulips in bloom, and I promised myself I'd time my visit better this year. Today's visit did not disappoint! The only thing I liked better than the tulips was seeing so many people enjoying the day with the simplest of pleasures ... spending time with friends and family. I did not see a single cell phone or mobile device.

Instead, I saw people park their bikes and have a picnic ...
 
... climb trees ...
 
... play a friendly game ...

... sit and watch the world go by ...

Walk their canine companions and, in the case of the woman here, literally stop to smell the flowers ...

... go for a stroll ... kick a ball ...

... or just spend some quality time together.
Goodnight from Sherwood Gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment