Monday, July 13, 2015

New(ish) Photos of the Rotunda and its Neighbors

In an earlier post, I shared photos of the Rotunda redevelopment site in its early stages. Since then, the developers have made significant progress on this residential/retail/office project in Baltimore's Hampden neighborhood. This photo shows the residences on the west side of the property, abutting Elm Avenue. The "Icon" will feature 379 luxury apartments, many with spectacular views of the Baltimore skyline.
Here, you can see the new construction (on the right) juxtaposed with the existing building (on the left). The project will include a grocery store and luxury dinner-and-a-movie concept CineBistro, among other shops and amenities.
Since no conversation about a development project is complete without some understanding of the surrounding neighborhood, I thought I would take the opportunity to show you some of the lovely homes in the Hampden and Wyman Park neighborhoods to the east of the Rotunda. These spacious row homes are filled with character inside, as well as avid gardeners, such as this woman I caught taking a short break.

I've seen these "Little Free Libraries" throughout Baltimore, but this is the first time I've seen a separate "Kid's Library." I like the creativity and friendliness of this gesture.

Good night from the flag-studded streets of Baltimore City!

No comments:

Post a Comment