Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanks, Baltimore!

Just trying out a little holiday-inspired blog post by highlighting some of the things that make me thankful to live in Baltimore.  I love the fact that I can live near the calming influence of water but also in a city.  Two of my favorite things. 
My girlfriend Diana and I meet for dinner as frequently as we can, and we often meet here at Regi's in Federal Hill.  Thank goodness we both live within walking distance of many great restaurants - with our busy schedules, it is nice not to have to go far to see each other.  Regi's also does a great job of welcoming people with children, a bonus for when she has her two boys with her!
I am thankful for the special places in Baltimore where I have made so many happy memories, such as a great dinner here at Henninger's Tavern in Upper Fell's Point - one of the coolest restaurants in town - with my husband and sister-in-law.  I cannot articulate what makes it so cool, so you will have to try it for yourself.
Thank goodness for the local bakers and chocolatiers, such as Wockenfuss, who allow me to feel virtuous - spending money at locally owned businesses makes me happy - while helping myself to their goodies!
Did I mention my gratitude toward local bakeries?  The Woodlea Bakery, pictured here, has been churning out cakes, pies, cookies, and donuts for over 65 years at its Gardenville location.  Yummy and inexpensive.
We have great neighbors!  Check out our Halloween block party.  I love the fact that we have neighbors who have lived in the same neighborhood their whole lives and others who are just discovering Baltimore, families with children and empty nesters, and above all, the people who brought those delicious chocolate chip muffins to the Halloween block party this year.
I never fail to appreciate the view as I walk to work ... or the fact that I CAN walk to work!
The people who run small businesses in Baltimore help to make Baltimore unique and allow me to find almost everything I need close to home.  So, thank you, Small Business Owner!
Well, I don't really know what to say about this picture, other than the fact that I think it is cute and I have been trying to figure out how to showcase it on my blog ... so I am grateful to those who are reading this blog and made it to the end of this post!  Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment